Who do stars like Rachel McAdams, Jennifer Love Hewitt and Kate Hudson call when they want to catch the latest movie flick in peace? Francis, one of the head honchos over at ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood. We got a change to chat with this mysterious man behind the theater curtain and found out that when he’s not steering celebs away from paparazzi, or accompanying them down the red carpet during the latest film premiere, he loves watching these same stars on TV. I asked him to talk about who his favorite female TV stars are (most of whom he’s met!) and he was more than happy to share with us.
I’m a huge TV watcher, so I was of course excited at the prospect of listing my top five TV actresses, but completely torn. I ran my regular weekly rotation of shows in my head. My list was entirely too long, so I sought out the advice of my friend, grrlywhirl, to see what she thought of what I came up with. This just made it worse! She named actresses I didn’t even think about. This was going to be a gruesome process for sure. After additions, deletions, moving actresses up and down the list, I whittled it down to these magnificent ladies:
Honorable mention: (Ok, I couldn’t just stick with five)
Minka Kelly (Friday Night Lights) – “Save the cheerleader, save the world…” These words rang out for another program on this net, but I’m glad that they saved the show this cheerleader was on. Simply put, she’s stunning and she’s got the acting chops too. She also played a school teacher in “The Kingdom.” Cheerleader AND school teacher. You do the math.
5. Kristin Chenoweth (Pushing Daisies) – If you’ve seen the show, you know she’s a huge scene stealer. She’s pretty much the epitome of adorable. I was eagerly awaiting them to get her to sing on the show. Yes, she sings, and quite well I might add. She was part of the original broadway cast of “Wicked” playing Glinda the Good Witch.
4. Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) – Ever since “Alias” went off the air, I’ve been yearning for some kick ass female spy action. Yvonne, who hails from the land down under, delivers in a big way. Did I mention the uniform she wears for her cover as a hot dog shop employee??
3. Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) – She plays by far the most interesting character on my number one guilty pleasure show. I love how she portrays the mood swings Blair Waldorf goes through. It’s like being on a freakin’ roller coaster.
2. Olivia Wilde (House) – The number 13 sure isn’t unlucky for her. Olivia has been on many shows that either got cancelled or just as a recurring character. She’s part of the ensemble that is supposed to breathe new life into the show. To be honest, she’s really the only one that has. Oh, and those eyes!
1. Kristen Bell (Heroes) – I could write tons and gush about how great she is. I loved her on “Veronica Mars” AKA the fantastic show no one else but me seemed to watch. Luckily for the masses, she landed the role of Elle on the hit TV show. We’d be seeing more of her if only the strike could get resolved (Hint, hint.). There are so many facets to KB – she sings as was evidenced in “Reefer Madness,” she elicits geek lust through her work on “Fanboys” and voice talent in the video game “Assassins Creed,” and she’s also one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Yes, EVER. That counts for tons in my book considering others I’ve met in this town. Take a gander at the photo of us taken on the set of “Veronica Mars” season 2.
Agree? Disagree? Talk amongst yourselves. Discuss.