Democratic Presidential hopeful Barack Obama revealed a lighter side on Letterman last night with his Top Ten “Surprising Facts About Barack Obama.” So what little known Barack-isms did he unleash?
Surprising Facts About Barack Obama
10. My first act as President will be to stop the fighting between Lauren and Heidi on “The Hills.”
9. In the Illinois primary, I accidentally voted for Kucinich.
8. When I tell my kids to clean their room, I finish with, “I’m Barack Obama and I approved this message.”
7. Throughout high school, I was consistently voted “Barackiest.”
6. Earlier today I bowled a 39.
5. I have cancelled all my appearances the day the “Sex and the City” movie opens.
4. It’s the birthplace of Fred Astaire. (Sorry, that’s a surprising fact about Omaha)
3. We are tirelessly working to get the endorsement of Kentucky Derby favorite Colonel John.
2. This has nothing to do with the Top Ten, but what the heck is up with Paula Abdul?
1. I have not slept since October.
Not to be outdone, the Republican National Committee also unveiled it’s Top Ten list of reasons “Why Barack Obama Isn’t Ready to be Commander-in-Chief”:
10. Thinks our enemies will be peaceful if only we invite them over for coffee.
9. Yes? No? Present.
8. $1.52 gas? Vote to suspend the gas tax. $4 gas? Support the gas tax.
7. MoveOn.Org & Howard Dean = Obama’s “New Politics”
6. Chairman of the Senate Foreign Affairs Subcommittee in name only.
5. Guns are something voters “cling” to because they’re bitter.
4. Religion is something voters “cling” to because they’re bitter.
3. Withdraw from Iraq now, but return if al Qaeda in Iraq takes hold in Iraq.
2. “Friendly” with unrepentant terrorists like Bill Ayers.
1. Would rather eat a waffle than answer tough questions