Debra Messing is poised for her sitcom comeback, having signed on to star in the ABC pilot ‘Wright vs. Wrong.’
Messing would play a conservative pundit juggling her public persona with her personal foibles. The ‘Will & Grace‘ Emmy winner will also serve as an executive producer and take on ownership of the series.
Messing last fronted USA Network’s ‘The Starter Wife‘ mini and subsequent series.
Other recent pilot casting highlights, courtesy of the Hollywood Reporter:
* Blair Underwood (‘Dirty Sexy Money‘) is the President of the United States targeted for assassination in ‘The Event,’ NBC’s conspiracy thriller starring Jason Ritter.
* Ana Ortiz (‘Ugly Betty‘) will report for duty as a San Francisco police precinct secretary in ABC’s ‘True Blue.’
* Scott Porter (‘Friday Night Lights‘) has landed a lead in ‘Nomads,’ The CW’s drama about young backpackers who assist the CIA.
* Ryan Devlin (‘Cougar Town’s Smith) will play son to William Shatner in CBS’ comedy based on the Twitter account @S–tMyDadSays.
* Nicole Steinwedell (‘The Unit‘) and Brooke Nevin are career grifters who help U.S. Marshals capture prison escapees in Fox’s ‘Breakout Kings.’
* Richard T. Jones (‘Judging Amy‘) has joined the cast of ABC’s ‘Life’-like detective drama starring Katee Sackhoff.