The show must go on — at least, it must for Erin Andrews. Despite an ongoing FBI investigation into a string of threatening e-mails sent to the ESPN correspondent, Andrews insists she’ll continue participation in the current season of ‘Dancing with the Stars‘ as planned.
“I have a dance on Monday and I don’t want to let [partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy] down, I don’t want to let my family down, and I don’t want to let myself down,” she tells PEOPLE. “I’m not going to stop living my life.”
Threatening e-mails to the star were sent as early as September and as recently as last week to ‘The Dan Patrick Show.’ One even read, “Somebody should shoot her in the face.”
Andrews’ lawyer, Marshall Grossman, said that Andrews will continue to appear on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ even if security must be beefed up. “Erin and her family are protected,” Grossman said in a statement obtained by TMZ. “It is unfortunate that there are sick people who prey on the fears and threaten the well-being of others.”
Andrews is dedicated to the competition, she says. “I don’t quit on things. It’s not an option for me.”
Andrews has been the target of unwanted attention before — last year, secretly videotaped nude footage of her was distributed on the Internet. At the time, Andrews called the incident a “nightmare,” telling Oprah Winfrey she’d never forget when she “opened up the computer [and] could feel my heart pounding.”
Last month, Illinois resident Michael David Barrett was sentenced to 30 months in jail for filming Andrews through the peephole of her hotel room door and publishing the footage online.
Erin Andrews Receives Haunting Death Threats
FOR MORE CELEBRITY NEWS AND GOSSIP, GO TO POPEATER.COM.