BY: MATT SEDENSKY
PALM BEACH, Fla. – Donald Trump says he has put off agreeing to an extension of his “Celebrity Apprentice” reality show while he weighs a presidential bid.
The real estate mogul and potential Republican contender says he told NBC on Friday he could not commit to a three-year contract extension for the series until he decides whether he’s running.
Trump spoke at an event at his Mar-a-Lago estate on Palm Beach. He offered familiar messages questioning President Barack Obama’s birthplace.
He also said the U.S. should be entitled to Iraqi oil and praised the tea party.
Trump says he’s encouraged by polls showing him with a strong following and says he’ll make an announcement on his campaign plans before June.
Catch Up on Last Week’s “Celebrity Apprentice” on xfinityTV.com:
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.