Jay Leno seemed to be in a romantic mood Tuesday night when newly engaged reality starlet Kim Kardashian dropped by “The Tonight Show.”
The late-night host asked for all the details about Kardashian’s recent engagement to NBA player Kris Humphries.
“It happened in LA on the most random day,” Kardashian explained. “I came home and no one was there, and I go upstairs into my bedroom, opened door, and he was there — all my furniture was moved and on my big white rug it said, ‘Will you marry me?” in red rose petals.”
Did she say yes right away Leno wanted to know…”yes, after gasping, ‘I said yes.'”
But the big question Leno had was one that might be lurking in the back of many people’s minds: Is that 20.5 carat engagement ring real?
There’s one way to find out: Leno decided to test the ring to see if it’s a fake. How? By lighting a match to it!
“If it’s real, nothing will happen. If it’s fake, this Mr. Humphires will have some explaining to do…” Leno said.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Tonight-Show-With-Jay-Leno/4514/2003078691/Kim-Kardashian-s-Ring/embed 580 476]
Five more things to know about Kim Kardashian’s wedding plans:
1. “We’re hoping to get married by the end of summer – we’re gonna just go for it.”
2. There’s no decision yet on if the wedding will be on TV.
3. Yes, there is a pre-nup. She’s “very into contracts.”
4. “Like by month two” of their one-year courtship, Kim knew he was the one.
5. “Yes, I’ll take his name, I’m very traditional … or maybe use a hyphen.”