Male Pole Dancer Advances On ‘AGT’

Steven Retchless (NBC)

Steven Retchless (NBC)

A controversial male pole dancer has moved one step closer to the $1 million grand prize on “America’s Got Talent.”

New Yorker Steven Retchless was one of four acts surviving the cut Wednesday night.  Singer Daniel Joseph Baker and youth dance ensemble Silhouettes also earned enough votes to remain in the competition.

Stunt motorcyclists The Smage Brothers were put through by judges Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel.

Watch Retchless’ Performance:

[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/America-s-Got-Talent/2116/2062738442/Steven-Retchless–Hollywood-Performance/embed 580 476]

Retchless, the 2010 American Pole Fitness Champion, landed in the eye of a nasty storm last week when Morgan vowed not to vote for him because his act was “weird for guys to watch.”

That prompted Osbourne to call her fellow judge “homophobic.”

“It is beautiful what he does,” she said on Tuesday’s show.  “I don’t want people to think it is a stigma to be a guy pole dancer.”

Morgan remains unconvinced.

“It’s nothing against him.  I like him personally,” the grumpy Brit told us immediately after results were announced.  “He has only shown good manners and good grace.  I just don’t think it is the kind of act that is going to ever work commercially.

Morgan says he would have rather seen the spot in the semi-finals go to Alaskan illusionist Landon Swank or Justin Beiber look-alike Dani Shay.

More Celebrity News:
The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast.

, , ,

Comments are closed.