By Kurt Orzeck at TheWrap
Jane Lynch will interview Amy Poehler as part of the Live Talks Los Angeles discussion series, TheWrap has exclusively learned.
Former ABC News President David Westin — as well as authors Christopher Buckley, Scott Turow and John Irving — are also on the series’ latest lineup.
“I’m thrilled to interview Amy Poehler at Live Talks Los Angeles,” Jane Lynch told TheWrap. “Adam Scott interviewed me at Live Talks when my memoir ‘Happy Accidents’ came out last year, and I felt he had too much fun, so I asked to interview someone, and they lined up Amy Poehler. We’re going to have fun.”
A portion of the proceeds from Live Talks event go to support literacy, educational and arts causes in L.A.
“I am especially excited that the event will help support the Adopt the Arts Foundation, providing much-needed support of arts education in Los Angeles schools,” Lynch continued.
The rest of the Live Talks Los Angeles calendar is as follows:
• January 18: Eric Weiner in conversation with Lisa Napoli (previously announced; Track 16 at Santa Monica’s Bergamont Station)
• January 25: Jason Alexander (previously announced; Aero Theatre)
• February 1: David Milch (Track 16)
• February 8: Henry Diltz in conversation with Kristine McKenna (location TBA)
• May 10: Michael Sandel (Morning Live Talks business event; Los Angeles’ City Club on Bunker Hill)
• May 31: David Westin (Morning Live Talks business event; Los Angeles’ City Club on Bunker Hill)
• June 7: Oscar Hijuelos (Track 16)
• June 14: Christopher Buckley (Track 16)
• June 21: John Irving (Aero Theatre)
• June 22: Scott Turow (discussing the future of the book industry; Morning Live Talks business event; Los Angeles’ City Club on Bunker Hill)