Even 30 years into his late night career, Dave Letterman is enamored with quick-hit bits that don’t always make a ton of sense, but amuse him to no end. Last night on the “Late Show”, he combined that with the hype surrounding new Knicks star Jeremy Lin to put make a pretty funny comment on the phenomenon of Linsanity.
Paul Shaffer innocently noted that he saw some “custom stitching” on the back of Dave’s suit jacket. Dave laughed his usual fake laugh that almost sounds real, and invited a camera to come around and take a look. Cut to a picture of a suit jacket with “LIN” and his number 17 attached to the back, looking just like it would on the back of his Knicks jersey.
Of course, there’s an edit there that makes us think that Dave really didn’t have that on the back of his jacket. But then again, why not? Take off the stickers, apply a lint brush, and he’s good as new.
Click above to see the clip. While you’re here, take a look at some of the other events from yesterday:
– Ted (Josh Radnor) and Robin (Cobie Smulders) close a romantic door that had been left slightly open… or do they? [HIMYM]
– Jon Stewart and company have an “Eye On The Ladies” when talking about the Catholic contraception controversy [The Daily Show]
– Taylor Swift tells Jay Leno that she wrote the song “Mean” in response to a critic who kept giving her bad reviews [The Tonight Show]
– Courteney Cox talks to Anderson Cooper about how she explained her separation to her daughter [Anderson]
– Heidi Klum and Seal are officially dunzo. [CelebTV]