Actors and writers react to the death of writer-director Nora Ephron on Tuesday at age 71:
– “So sad to hear that the brilliant Nora Ephron passed away. Her films already are legendary and her talent will be missed. RIP” – Actress Marlee Matlin
– “Heartbroken about Nora Ephron. CRAZY SALAD one of first books I read as young woman that made me think I could be a writer, too.” – Best-selling author Jennifer Weiner, whose books include “Good in Bed” and “In Her Shoes.”
– “Nora Ephron always loved a good New York story, and she could tell them like no one else. NYC will miss her very much” – New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
– “R.I.P Nora Ephron. A witty, charming, lovely person.” – Actor, writer, director Albert Brooks.
– “I am so sad about Nora Ephron’s passing!!! oh what this wonderful woman contributed with her body of work…” – Actress Tracee Ellis Ross.
– “My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Nora Ephron at the news of her passing. Especially to her husband and my friend Nick.” – Actor Joe Mantegna.
– “The world has lost a great great woman– Nora Ephron died tonight and to say she will be missed is putting it mildly.” – TV personality-author Suze Orman.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Today/96422/2250814881/Remembering-%E2%80%98chick-Flick%E2%80%99-Director-Nora-Ephron/embed 580 476]
– “When Harry Met Sally is one of my go-to rainy day movies. Thanks to Nora Ephron for making so many people happy. She will be missed.” – Actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
– “My heart aches. Nora Ephron. What a tremendous loss. RIP.” – Actress Kerry Washington.
– “RIP Nora Ephron brilliant gracious and FUNNY” – Filmmaker Ron Howard.
– “You can settle for reality, or you can go off, like a fool, and dream another dream.” â(EURO). Nora Ephron Oh Jeez… you will be missed..RIP XO” – Actress Kirstie Alley.
– “I just heard about Nora Ephron. I’m so sad. A great & prolific writer, a warm & kind soul. Gone just like that.” – Comedian-actress Sarah Siverman.
– “RIP Nora Ephron. You will be missed.” TV host Kelly Ripa.
– “Auditioned for Nora Ephron 20 yrs ago. Didn’t get the part but she sent me a thank you note. I’ll always remember that and you, Nora.” Actor-comedian Kevin Nealon.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/You-ve-Got-Mail/22348/597221128/You-ve-Got-Mail/embed 580 476]
– “`I try to write parts for women that are as complicated and interesting as women actually are.’ –Nora Ephron” – writer, director, “Grey’s Anatomy” creator Shonda Rhimes.
– “RIP Nora Ephron. Insightful, humorous and human writer/director who always knew who she was and expected the same of others.” – Actor Lou Diamond Phillips.
– “Very sad about Nora Ephron passing away. She wrote some of my very favorite films and was a huge inspiration. (hash)RIPNORA” Actress Felicia Day.
– “Rest in peace, Nora Ephron–and thank you for creating the girl-culture club so many of us wanted to join.” – Glamour magazine editor Cindi Leive.
– “So sad to hear bout Nora Ephron. We did a movie called `Mixed Nuts’ when I was 20. She was funny intelligent and loving. One of a kind.” – Actress-musician Juliette Lewis.
– “Nora Ephron was devastatingly funny, extremely witty, and was ALWAYS one of the kindest people I have ever met.” – Actor Colin Hanks, son of Tom Hanks.