Hollywood reacts to the passing of comic pioneer Phyllis Diller:
– “I adored her. She was a wondrous spirit who was great to me.” – Barbra Streisand.
– “Today marked the passing of one of the great comedic icons of all time. She was also my friend. Phyllis Diller, you’ll always make me laugh.” – Kiefer Sutherland, on Twitter.
– “I adored Phyllis Diller – she was a great guest, a terrific lady & certainly one of the funniest people ever.” – Larry King, via Twitter.
– “The thing that strikes me most about Phyllis, aside from a joy to be around, was her uniqueness. There was no one like Phyllis before, and I doubt if there will be anyone after.” – Bob Newhart.
– “I’m beyond saddened by the death of Phyllis Diller. We were friends – Melissa and I had a wonderful time with her at lunch just a month ago.” – Joan Rivers tweeted.
– “A fond farewell to Phyllis Diller. Thanks for all the laughs dear friend. Thank you most of all for your sweetness to my mother. Godspeed.” – Nancy Sinatra, via Twitter.
– “Phyllis Diller was a friend of mine. 1 time she came over with a 70 year old guy. Told me she was “Robbing the cradle”. RIP” – Tweeted Dylan McDermott.
– “A true original has died. Phyllis Diller There was NOOne like her, no 1looked like her sounded like her. A FUNNY FUNNY. Classy& Smart RIP” – Whoopi Goldberg, on Twitter.
– “We lost a comedy legend today. Phyllis Diller was the queen of the one-liners. She was a pioneer.” – Ellen DeGeneres, on Twitter.
– “She was responsible for getting me one of my first jobs. I loved her and I will miss her tremendously, as will the whole world.” – Rip Taylor.
– “She was one of a kind. A brilliant talent and an extremely supportive friend, when you needed one. When I had the accident that broke my leg a couple of years ago, hers was the first voice that managed to reach me by phone at the hospital. She was also the first note I received, written on a piece of paper it said … `Money’s scarce. Times are hard. Here’s your F(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)ing get well card – Phyllis.’ She knew how to lift your spirits. I loved her and we will all miss her.” – Carol Channing.
– “Gonna miss Phyllis Diller. Rest in peace my friend. The world is a better place because of you. Happy Trails.” – Reba McEntire, on Twitter.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/E%21-News-Now/103071/2270760477/Phyllis-Diller-Dies-at-95/embed 580 476]