A sampling of the outpouring of love and memories from the Hollywood and sports worlds Monday following the death of Michael Clarke Duncan, many of them on Twitter:
– “I am terribly saddened at the loss of Big Mike. He was the treasure we all discovered on the set of `The Green Mile.’ He was magic. He was a big love of man and his passing leaves us stunned.” – Tom Hanks.
– “(at)OfficialMCD I cant believe you are gone my friend. I will miss our Lakers vs Mavs bets and texts . You will not be forgotten. RIP” – Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban (@mcuban).
– “Michael Clarke Duncan passes at 54. A striking screen presence.” – Film critic Roger Ebert (@ebertchicago).
– “`When something happens, we always say it happens for a reason’ (tilde) Michael Clarke Duncan 12/10/57 – 9/3/12 I’ll miss you my brother..” – Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock).
– “I met Michael years ago and he was such a nice guy. Very sad” – Auto racing star Danica Patrick (@DanicaPatrick).
– “Michael Clarke Duncan always had a smile on his face & a big bear hug ready for you. My thoughts & prayers are with his family&friends. RIP” – Actress Olivia Munn (@oliviamunn).
– “RIP Michael Clarke Duncan Heaven has an amazing new angel. I will miss your smile most.” – Actress-television host Holly Robinson Peete: (@hollyrpeete).
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/The-Finder/143143/2233931472/Darker-%26-Intense/embed 580 476]
– “I will miss my friend, Michael Clarke Duncan. What an incredible soldier in God’s Plan.” – Comedian-talk show host Steve Harvey (@IAmSteveHarvey).
– “I am so shocked and heart broken to hear about Michael Clarke Duncan’s passing. What a man of quality. Both in his life and his work.” – Actress Alexa Vega ((@alexavega).
– “So so sorry to hear about Michael Clarke Duncan, accomplished actor, proud South Sider …” – ESPN host Michael Wilbon (@RealMikeWilbon).
– “Rip Michael Clarke Duncan. We shared sum great times! C u on the other side friend… @OMAROSA praying 4 u & the fam.” – Actress-comedian Niecy Nash (@NiecyNash).
– “Just heard the news that (at)officialmcd passed away. My prayers go out to his family and (at)Omarosa during this very sad time.” – Former boxing champion Lennox Lewis (@LennoxLewis).
– “RIP- Michael Clarke Duncan.. A really GOOD Brother, I’ll miss U Bruh.” – Former NBA star and television host John Salley (@thejohnsalley).
– “Ahhh… (hash)michaelclarkeDuncan I loved you! Green Mile was epic. RIP (hash)gentlegiant” – Singer-actress Katharine McPhee (@katharinemcphee).
– “Man, just watched Michael Clarke Duncan in Talladega Nights last night! RIP to a terrific actor.” – TNT Sports reporter David Aldridge (@daldridgetnt).