There was love, laughter, and a bald-headed man pedicured on Ashley Hebert’s big toes on Sunday night’s “Bachelorette: Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding” edition. Oh, mazal tov!
Unlike the ABC franchise, the televised wedding that took place in Pasadena, California, wasn’t as corn bally as we feared it would be. Sure, there were endless roll-of-the-eyes sponsorships and scripted dialogue, but at least we didn’t see a freakin’ helicopter, or the word “journey” or “magical” being abused. And no, for all of those of you love drama, we’re sorry to tell you evil Bentley Williams wasn’t there to crash the wedding.
Speaking of wedding crashers, though, there were constant reminders that ABC was paying for Ashley Herbert and J.P. Rosenbaum’s special day: Notice the guest list? All of your favorite losers from “Bachelor” and “Bachelorette” seasons past filled the seats, although there were some couples like Trista and Ryan Sutter, Deanna Pappas and the lesser known Stagliano, and Jason and a preggars Molly Mesnick to offer some faint legitimacy to the show. Despite being newly broken-up, Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez exchanged a brief friendly convo, and we even got to see Jillian Harris come with a bow-tied mystery man.
Watch Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding:
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Bachelorette/5462365290382977112/12475971741/Ashely-and-J.P.-s-Wedding/embed 580 476]
All in all, the execution of the nuptials didn’t overkill our cynic-o-meter, and—dare we say—it was quite lovely to see the genuine joy and deep trust and love that Ash and J.P. seemed to hold for each other.
With that being said, here are some of highlights and lowlights of the eppy if you missed it…
– Ashley and J.P.’s neverending TMI tongue locking.
– Chris Harrison officiating the wedding.
– The posed shot of J.P. in a yellow V-neck, staring off as if in deep thought.
– Seeing and hearing Emily Maynard and ball-busting Deanna Pappas.
– Getting the impression that J.P.’s mom was more excited about Ashley getting married than Ashley’s mom. Something just ain’t right there.
– Discovering Ash’s older sister’s last name is “Corns.” Ewww.
– The bachelorette party pole-stripper interlude. We didn’t need to see close-up shots of the pole dancer spread eagle.
– Fearing that J.P.’s yarmelke was about to envelope his tiny head.
Wanna follow my upcoming ‘Bachelor’ coverage? “Like me” on Facebook!
– The couple’s teacup yorkie Boo trying on her bridesmaid’s dresses.
– Ashley getting J.P.’s head painted on her big toes and her ring finger.
– Jason Mesnick admitting that upcoming Bachelor Sean Lowe’s “abs looked amazing.” (We knew he could go for either team.)
– Seeing the unprecedented idea of planting a handful of minorities in the crowd of guests. Say what?!
– Ash walking down the aisle to a rendition of “I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You.”
– J.P. telling Ashley she has “gotta hold it together because I’m not gonna hold it together” as the two exchange vows all teary-eyed.
– Although they intended to plant one long kiss after being pronounced man and wife, the newly married couple end up quadruple kissing. Awww…(now let us kindly puke now for admitting that was sweet).
Watch Ashley and J.P. Exchange Vows:
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Bachelorette/5462365290382977112/12473923607/Ashley-and-J.P.-s-Wedding%3A-Vows/embed 580 476]