Fox announced Monday that Mario Lopez is returning to host Season 3 of “The X Factor,” while his Season 2 co-host Khloe Kardashian is not.
Lopez, who also hosts “Extra,” joins Simon Cowell and returning judge Demi Lovato for Season 3 of the talent competition, which premieres this fall on Fox.
“I’m looking forward to returning to THE X FACTOR team,” said Lopez in a statement. “We’re coming back stronger and better than ever and I’m excited to check out all the new talent.”
Simon Cowell added: “I’m thrilled Mario is back for Season Three of THE X FACTOR. Hosting a live show and keeping the judges – especially Demi – in line, is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he’s coming back.”
It had been widely speculated that the “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star would be dropped from the series, after the inexperienced Kardashian had an awkward run as co-host during Season 2.
“Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to co-host ‘The X Factor.’ We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors,” “X Factor” producers said Monday.
Now that the hosting situation has been sorted out, “X Factor” still has two judges spots to fill to replace L.A. Reid and Britney Spears, who both departed at the end of last season.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/E!-News-Now/8767332565146859112/26833475628/Seacrest-Gets-Personal-With-The-Kardashians/embed 580 476]