LOS ANGELES (AP) — James Gandolfini’s fans and colleagues shared reaction to his death Wednesday:
– “He was a genius. Anyone who saw him even in the smallest of his performances knows that. He is one of the greatest actors of this or any time. A great deal of that genius resided in those sad eyes. he was my partner. … He was my brother in ways I can’t explain and never will be able to explain.” – David Chase, creator of “The Sopranos.”
– “James Gandolfini. This is a tremendous loss. A brilliant actor and a wonderful man. Our deepest sympathies to his family. Devastating.” – Actor Michael Chiklis on Twitter.
– “The great James Gandolfini passed away today. Only 51. I can’t believe it.” – Bette Midler on Twitter.
– “It’s an awful shock. James Gandolfini was a fine actor, a Rutgers alum and a true Jersey guy. I was a huge fan of his and the character he played so authentically, Tony Soprano. I have gotten to know Jimmy and many of the other actors in the Sopranos cast and I can say that each of them are an individual New Jersey treasure.” – New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/E!-News-Now/8767332565146859112/34214467536/Hollywood-Reacts-To-Gandolfini-s-Death/embed 580 476]
– “James Gandolfini what a nice guy, so funny and sweet. He will be sorely missed. Our deepest condolences to his family.” – Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry on Twitter.
– “I am heartbroken about James Gandolfini. He was a gentle giant and great man. I love this picture, I loved him.” – Actress Rose McGowan, who posted a snapshot of her and Gandolfini on Twitter.
– “My condolences to the family and all those who loved James Gandolfini – a true NJ Great and NJ Original. RIP.” – Newark Mayor Cory Booker on Twitter.
– “You will be missed greatly James Gandolfini Maybe best actor ever on a tv series. Salute'” – Comedian Artie Lange on Twitter.
– “awful awful news. James Gandolfini will be missed. He was a great actor. Just great.” – Mia Farrow on Twitter.
– “James Gandolfini. Unbelievably sad news. A fine man.” – Steve Carell on Twitter.
-“My thoughts and prayers go out to James Gandolfini’s family. An extraordinary actor. RIP, Mr. Gandolfini.” – Robin Williams.
– “Fifty-one and leaves a kid — he was newly married. His son is fatherless now … It’s way too young.” – Joe Gannascoli, who played Vito Spatafore on “The Sopranos.”
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Sopranos/6553068432672059112/1361780078/-The-Sopranos-24–Preview-%28HBO%29/embed 580 476]
– “James Gandolfini.. So talented, so nice and far too young to be taken away. You will be missed Sir” – Actress Shannen Doherty on Twitter.
– “R.I.P. James Gandolfini. Such a great actor. More than just tony soprano and that would have been a lot on its own.” – Musician Rob Thomas on Twitter.
– “I am so deeply saddened by the untimely passing of sweet James Gandolfini! My heart is broken for his family!! I’m in shock worked with him in “Surviving Christmas”” – Christina Applegate on Twitter.
– “James Gandolfini was a kind, funny, wonderful guy. I’m so lucky to have worked with him. Sending love to his family. Such a sad, sad day. worked with him on “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone”” – Olivia Wilde on Twitter.