Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia, Zac Posen, and Tim Gunn are back and ready to rule the “Runway.”
Season 12 of “Project Runway” will premiere Thursday, July 18, at 9/8c, Lifetime announced Friday, with a host of very fashionable changes in store this season.
This year, a former designer will return to the “Runway” to compete again this season, but which designer that is will be chosen by viewers. This new “Runway Redemption (#RunwayRedemption)” element will feature a mystery contestant from a past season, chosen by fans on mylifetime.com, and will be unveiled as the 16th designer for Season 12.
And jumping on the social media, interactive trend, “Project Runway” fans will be able to interact with other viewers across the country in real-time during each episode through the new interactive on-screen feature, PlayRunway, to share their favorite OMG moments, harsh or gush on the designs themselves, and more.
There are also a number of high-profile guest judges on tap this season, including actress Kate Bosworth, fashionista Kelly Osbourne, actress Allison Williams, Oscar-nominee Sigourney Weaver, “Modern Family’s” Jesse Tyler Ferguson, “Big Bang’s” Kaley Cuoco, and Stacy Keibler, host of the new Lifetime series “Supermarket Superstar.”
Original “Project Runway” judge Michael Kors will also make an appearance this season.
The “Project Runway” Season 12 designers are:
· Alexander Pope, 38 – Hometown: Los Angeles, CA; Resides in New York, NY
· Alexandria von Bromssen, 38 – Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden; Resides in San Mateo, CA
· Angela Bacskocky, 33 – Hometown: Richmond, VA; Resides in Richmond, VA
· Bradon McDonald, 38 – Hometown: Lowville, NY; Resides in Los Angeles, CA
· Dom Streater, 24 – Hometown: Philadelphia, PA; Resides in Philadelphia, PA
· Helen Castillo, 25 – Hometown: Weehawken, NJ; Resides in Union City, NJ
· Jeremy Brandrick, 41 – Hometown: Birmingham, England; Resides in New York, NY
· Justin LeBlanc, 27 – Hometown: Tampa, FL; Resides in Raleigh, NC
· Kahindo Mateene, 34 – Hometown: Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo; Resides in Chicago, IL
· Karen Batts, 29 – Hometown: Boca Raton, FL; Resides in Queens, NY
· Ken Laurence, 24 – Hometown: Birmingham, AL; Resides in Birmingham, AL
· Miranda Kay Levy, 29 – Hometown: Wilton, WI; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
· Sandro Masmanidi, 28 – Hometown: Krasnodar, Russia; Resides in New York, NY
· Sue Waller, 45 – Hometown: Boston, MA; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
· Timothy Westbrook, 24- Hometown: Wanakena, NY; Resides in Milwaukee, WI
· Runway Redemption “Mystery” Contestant, to be unveiled at a later time
The season’s winner will receive a $150,000 cash prize; $50,000 of next generation technology from HP and Intel to help enable their creativity and launch their new business; and a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine.