And here they are….
The new line-up for Season 17 of “Dancing with the Stars” has been announced, and many of the names leaked last week were correct, such as Valerie Harper and Snooki, but there were some surprises too…like Bill Nye the Science Guy.
“DWTS” co-hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke-Charvet unveiled the new cast Wednesday morning on “Good Morning America,” where they also trotted out the celebs’ pro partners and interviewed the stars.
“Don’t ask me why I’m here,” joked this season’s professional athlete, Keyshawn Johnson, who’s already feeling the pressure to match the winning “DWTS” track records of the previous NFL stars who’ve gone dancing.
Here are the 12 celebrities competing this season, when “DWTS” premieres Monday, Sept. 16 at 8/7c and transitions to a new one-night, two-hour format.
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi, “Jersey Shore” — partnered with new “DWTS” pro SASHA FARBER
- Keyshawn Johnson, former NFL wide receiver — partnered with SHARNA BURGESS
- Valerie Harper, “Rhoda,” “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” — partnered with TRISTAN MACMANUS
- Brant Daugherty, “Pretty Little Liars,” “Days of Our Lives” — partnered with PETA MURGATROYD
- Christina Milian, singer/TV personality — partnered with MARK BALLAS
- Bill Nye the Science Guy — partnered with new “DWTS” pro TYNE STECKLEIN
- Elizabeth Berkley, “Saved by the Bell,” “Showgirls” — partnered with VAL CHMERKOVSKIY
- Corbin Bleu, “High School Musical” alum — partnered with KARINA SMIRNOFF
- Amber Riley, “Glee” — partnered with DEREK HOUGH
- Bill Engvall, comedian — partnered with new “DWTS” pro EMMA SLATER
- Jack Osbourne, “The Osbournes” — partnered with CHERYL BURKE
- Leah Remini, “King of Queens” — partnered with TONY DOVOLANI