The season premiere of “Scandal” did not disappoint! Shonda Rhimes did it again with a suspense-filled episode that had us on the edge of our seats. And the “Scandal” style was stellar, as always.
Here are just a few of my favorite pieces from the first episode of season three:
1. Rowan’s Black Trench: So we know that Olivia’s signature is her white trench coats. The fact that her father is sporting a black trench coat when he meets her in her apartment garage is so fitting, showing the similarities in their style while also showing the contrast between the two with the color.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Scandal/7006536282234113112/52142147834/Olivia-Goes-to-Rowan-for-Jake/embed 580 476]
2. Olivia’s White Workout Jacket: Olivia wears this Lululemon Forme jacket in the opening scene with her father. In her signature color white, one thing I love about this jacket is the detail of the thumbholes. It not only gives the jacket an unexpected twist, but also functionally keeps the sleeves in place.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Scandal/7006536282234113112/52142147836/Rowan-Has-a-Fix-for-Olivia-s-Problem/embed 580 476]
3. Olivia’s Grey Suit: We’ve already heard that Olivia wears grey when she doesn’t know what she’s doing, so it’s no surprise that she’s wearing a grey suit when she meets her daddy in the basement of her apartment before meeting with Mellie and Fitz in the bunker.
4. Harrison’s Shirt & Vest Combo: Let’s face it – Harrison is the best dressed man on the show and, in my opinion, one of the best dressed men on television right now. That red gingham shirt with the grey vest and navy tie was masterfully put together.
5. Olivia’s White Wool Trench: This was the piece that took my breath away. Nothing can beat Olivia Pope strutting down the hallway with that white wool belted trench with cape detail. If you’re wondering, it’s from the Burberry spring/summer 2013 collection.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Scandal/7006536282234113112/52142659847/Fitz-Tries-to-Comfort-Olivia/embed 580 476]
You can watch the entire premiere episode here:
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Scandal/7006536282234113112/52104771776/It-s-Handled/embed 580 476]
CelebrateBlackTV.com is the source for ‘Scandal’ fashion, updates, trivia, XFINITY On Demand episodes and more.