It’s summer in the city when The CW’s “Sex and the City” prequel, “The Carrie Diaries,” returns for Season 2 on Oct. 25. High schooler Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb) is subletting a fabulous NYC loft, working her dream job at Interview Magazine, and gulping down cosmos in the city’s hottest clubs before she returns home to Connecticut for her senior year of high school.
[xfinity-record-button id=”8903364605839190112″ program_type=”series”]
What else can we expect from first few episodes of Season 2? Check out five more teases below:
1. Samantha Jones. The unisex nickname of “Sam” makes for an only-in-the-movies case of mistaken identity, but after things get sorted out Carrie and her soon-to-be lifelong confidante (played by Lindsey Gort) become fast BFFs — and make some mischief together.
2. Sebastian Kydd. The dreamboat of of Castlebury High School (played by Austin Butler) might have gotten sexier over the summer, if that’s even possible. Wait until you see Carrie’s ex emerging from a pool in some stylin’ ’80s swim trunks. Or if that doesn’t do it for you, the slicked-back coif/sport jacket combo is back and hot as ever.
3. Relationship drama. The real question isn’t about whether Sebastian has retained his impossible level of attractiveness — he most assuredly has — it’s whether he and Carrie have resolved their differences. We’re not telling, but we will say that regardless of their relationship status, there is definitely still a spark. The real conflict is Maggie’s (Katie Findlay) status with her besties after her ill-advised kiss with Sebastian.
[iframe http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Carrie-Diaries/8903364605839190112/19564099903/Endgame/embed 580 476]
4. College applications. Young Carrie has a way with words, but she won’t become the famous columnist we followed in “Sex and the City” without a top-notch education. In Candice Bushnell’s prequel books we learn Carrie eventually attends Brown University, but who knows how the TV version will pan out.
5. Clashes. Samantha and Larissa (Freema Agyeman) seem like kindred free spirits, but it sounds like they might be too similar for their own good. Their first meeting — in the third episode of Season 2 — will have an “explosive result,” The CW teases.
“The Carrie Diaries” premieres Friday, Oct. 25 at 8/7c on The CW before an all-new “America’s Next Top Model.”