By Ritu Mediratta
“Shaadi Ke Side Effects” (English title: “The Side Effects of Marriage”) is a Bollywood romantic comedy film directed by Saket Chaudhary and starring award winning actors, Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan in lead roles. While the film is a sequel to 2006 film “Pyaar Ke Side Effects” (“The Side Effects of Dating”) which itself sets an expectation, what hypes it further is when one considers the chemistry between Farhan and Vidya as a married couple in the film.
The film is a comic take on the changes that a child brings to the life of a married couple together and as individuals. Siddharth (Farhan Akhtar) and Trisha (Vidya Balan) are a happily married couple until, Trisha gets pregnant and things start getting complicated.
Here are the top 5 Reasons to watch this film!
1. It’s a Rom-Com at its Finest – “Shaadi ke side Effects” has all the irresistible elements of the quintessential romantic comedy. It’s a pleasant take on a contemporary relationship that is relatable, heart-warming, amusing and thoroughly enjoyable. The plot is delivered with humor and amusing episodes, so much so that you never stop smiling even when the on-screen couple have their share of problems or get into fights over trivial issues.
2. Palpable On Screen Chemistry – This is the first collaboration between award winning actors Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan. The chemistry between the on-screen couple is effortless. One simply can’t take their eyes off them. They look evenly matched and fabulous in their fights and emotional distresses.
3. Award Winning Actors – Award winning television actor Ram Kapoor from the popular show “Bade Achhe Lagte Hain” on Sony TV provides the comic relief in the film. Stellar Producer Ekta Kapoor is back once again with Vidya Balan in a lead role after the success of “The Dirty Picture”. It should also be noted that this is Farhan Akhtar’s first romantic comedy. He has experimented with various roles in his career including “Rock On to Bhaag Milkha Bhaag,” yet this is his first time taking on the rom-com genre and he does so effortlessly.
4. Everyone Loves a Sequel – It’s a story on marriage and its after effects while the initial prequel dealt with pro’s and con’s of dating. Single or married, this film will have more of a special effect than side effect on you.
5. Electrifying Music – Prominent musician Pritam Chakraborty has composed sensational music in the film, which make you dance and groove throughout the film. In the film, Farhan also sings two songs – Yahaan Wahaan and Ahista Ahista.
Watch Shaadi Ke Side Effects on Bollywood on Demand in April!