What’s new with XFINITY On Demand™?
As an XFINITY TV customer, you can now purchase the TV shows and movies you love and enjoy them as many times as you want on your TV, computer and mobile device.
Viewing purchased titles on your TV requires a subscription to XFINITY TV service with access to XFINITY On Demand. If you disconnect all of your XFINITY services, you can continue to watch previously-purchased titles online and on your mobile devices.
Where can I find TV shows and movies to purchase?
Browse through the library of titles and then purchase them on your TV through the XFINITY On Demand menu.
How do I differentiate a movie that is available for purchase from a movie that is available for rent?
Through the XFINITY On Demand menu on your TV, titles that are available for purchase will have a description screen that begins with the word "Buy". In the list view of titles, they will have the word Buy next to the title.
Why are some movie titles only available for purchase and not available for rental?
Availability of titles for purchase or for rental on XFINITY On Demand is subject to content agreements. Some new releases will be available for purchase only several weeks prior to the rental or DVD release date (varies by title). For example, Despicable Me 2 was available for purchase four weeks before the rental release date; Fast and Furious 6 was available for purchase three weeks before the rental release date; while other titles will be available for purchase two weeks before the rental or DVD release date.
Why are some TV show episodes and seasons only available for purchase and not available on XFINITY On Demand?
Availability of titles for purchase or to watch for free on XFINITY On Demand is subject to content agreements. Most current TV show episodes and seasons are typically available on XFINITY On Demand for free if the particular channel is part of your subscription (e.g., the most recent season of NBC's Grimm may be available for you to watch On Demand). The TV show episodes available for purchase are usually from previous seasons.
How do I prevent people in my household from watching my XFINITY On Demand Purchases?
To prevent people in your household from making purchases through your TV, you can use the existing “purchase PIN” feature on your XFINITY set-top box. Any member of your household with a Comcast username and password may be able to make purchases through the XFINITY TV website using a credit card.
To prevent people in your household from seeing your purchases, we recommend setting Parental Controls on your devices:
- Set-top box: To prevent people in your household from watching movies you have purchased, you can set up a parental control PIN. See Manage Parental Controls on a Set-Top Box or call 1-866-781-1888 for specific instructions on setting set-top box Parental Control PINs.
- PC and Mobile: You can prevent household members from seeing your purchases on the computer and on mobile devices by setting online Parental Controls. For instructions on setting online and mobile Parental Controls, see Online Parental Controls and PINs.
How do I prevent people in my household from buying XFINITY On Demand Purchases?
Set a purchase PIN to prevent household members from making purchases or rentals. See XFINITY On Demand and Pay Per View Parental Controls for instructions on setting up a purchase PIN.
How do Parental Controls work for XFINITY Purchases online?
If you have online Parental Controls set, titles that are below your control setting will not appear in your Purchases folder online or on the XFINITY TV mobile app. To make blocked titles appear, you must change your online Parental Controls settings. Once you change your settings, all titles will appear in the Purchases section and will be available for playback.
Can I return my XFINITY purchased TV show or movie?
TV shows and movies are not returnable after purchase. If you are having difficulty accessing, watching, or downloading your content, please contact us: http://customer.comcast.com/contact-us/
What is a "pre-order"?
Pre-order is a term used when a movie or TV show is offered for sale before the title is available to be viewed on your TV, computer or mobile device. You can place your pre-order and then when the title becomes available it will automatically be accessible for you to view in the "Purchases" menu of the XFINITY On Demand service, the XFINITY TV website (Xfinity.com/store) and the X1 app. With pre-orders you are not charged until the title becomes available.
How can I pre-order a title?
You can pre-order a title online in the XFINITY TV Store (Xfinity.com/store). A title that is available for "pre-order" will have an orange badge underneath the title in the online store that says, "Pre-order". Selecting that title will begin the pre-order process. Once you complete your pre-order you will receive an email confirming your pre-order. If you don’t receive the email you can verify which email address is on file by going to tvgo.xfinity.com and selecting "My Account." There you will see a "Users & Preferences" option, which will display the email address we use to communicate with you relating to the XFINITY TV Store.
Can pre-orders be cancelled?
Yes. All pre-orders can be cancelled up until the title becomes available. To cancel a pre-order, go to Xfinity.com/store and select "store settings." This will display your order history. From the order history list, select the pre-order title that you want to cancel and select the "cancel pre-order option". You’ll be asked to confirm the cancellation. The pre-order will be cancelled and your credit card will not be charged when the title becomes available.
Will I be charged immediately for a title when I complete a pre-order?
No. For pre-orders, your credit card is not charged until the title becomes available to view on your TV, computer or mobile device.
How will I know when a title I have pre-ordered is available to view on my TV, computer or mobile device?
You will receive a "Purchase Confirmation" email confirming availability of the pre-ordered title, along with the details of the charge to your credit card. At this time your title will be available for viewing on your TV, computer or mobile device just like any previously purchased titles in the "Purchases" menu in the XFINITY On Demand service, on the XFINITY TV website (Xfinity.com/store) or the X1 app.
What happens to my pre-orders if I move, discontinue my XFINITY TV service or cancel my XFINITY services all together?
When any of those events occur, any pending pre-orders will be cancelled and you will not be charged when the title(s) become available. In the case of a move or transfer of service you will need to pre-order again.
How do I watch what I’ve purchased with XFINITY On Demand?
When you buy a movie or TV show from your set-top box or from xfinity.com/store, you may be able to view your purchased titles in multiple ways:
- You can stream purchased titles on your TV with XFINITY On Demand under the Purchases folder, on your computer at xfinity.com/watch and with the XFINITY TV app for Apple and Android devices.
- You can also download purchases using the XFINITY TV mobile app. Downloaded titles can even be viewed when you are not connected to the Internet. We recommend that you download purchased titles shortly after purchase
How do I get the X1 app?
Will the TV shows and movies I purchase be available on my TV? What if I purchase on my TV? Will they be available on my computer and mobile devices?
Yes. The titles you purchase online from xfinity.com/store may appear in the Purchases menu in the XFINITY On Demand section of your TV. In addition, titles that you purchase on your TV may be available via the XFINITY TV portal (xfinity.com/watch) and mobile app.
If you do not want members of your household to access the movies you purchase online, see Online Parental Controls and PINs or call 1-866-781-1888 for specific instructions on setting up Parental Controls.
Can I transfer my downloaded content to another device?
No. Downloaded content on either your computer or your mobile device will not be transferrable to another device.
Why am I seeing a message that I need to connect to the Internet in order to watch the content I have previously downloaded on my device?
Being able to watch downloaded Purchased Content on a device requires that device to periodically connect to the Internet. If you do not periodically connect a device to the Internet and open the XFINITY purchases app, you may temporarily lose the ability to playback downloaded Purchased Content on that device until you reconnect it to the Internet and open the XFINITY purchases app.
What equipment do I need?
- TV: XFINITY On Demand customers using an XFINITY On Demand compatible set top box. For HD playback, an XFINITY HD set-top-box with XFINITY HD service connected to an HD TV is required.
- Windows PC: A processor of 500MHz or faster is needed. RAM should be 128MB or more. You can operate with Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista 2008 & Windows Server 2008. For purchasing, downloading or streaming content, 1Mbps for Internet connection speed using Broadband, such as: DSL, cable modem, T1 or faster for HD. Video card: 64MB video memory or more. Sound card: 16-bit. Screen resolution: 800x600 or greater and Microsoft Silverlight must be installed. For HD streaming, you will need an HDCP-compliant device and may need a faster Internet connection. To determine if your device is HDCP compliant, check your owner’s manual or spec sheet. Unfortunately, at this time, HD download is not available on Windows laptops and desktops.
- Apple PC: If you have a Mac, the processor must be a 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster. RAM can be 128 or more. You can operate with Mac OS 10.4.8 or higher. For purchasing, downloading, or streaming content, 1Mbps for Internet connection speed using Broadband, such as: DSL, cable modem, T1 or faster for HD. Video card: 64MB video memory or more. Sound card: 16-bit. Screen resolution: 800x600 or greater and Microsoft Silverlight, must be installed. Unfortunately, at this time, HD streaming and download are not available on Apple laptops and desktops.
- PC Browser: For the best viewing experience, the following browsers are recommended: Internet Explorer 8 (or higher), Safari 5, Firefox 3.6 (or higher), and Chrome 12 or higher.
- Mobile: In order to play titles on your iOS device, you will need iOS Version 6.0+ running on an iPhone 3GS or higher, iPad 2 or higher, or iPad Mini 1 and higher. For Android Devices, you will need Android 4.0+ and hardware with a minimum of 1Ghz CPI, 512 RAM, and 1 Gb memory storage. Unfortunately, at this time, HD streaming and playback are not available on iOS or Android mobile phones and tablets. For streaming or downloading content, access to a Wi-Fi connection or cellular data network is required (standard data charges apply).
Can I stream or download HD content on any device?
No. Not all devices support HD streaming and downloading. For HD streaming, you will need an HDCP-compliant device. If you have purchased HD titles, they may be streamed or downloaded in SD on devices that are not HDCP-compliant. To learn more about where you can stream or download HD purchases, click here.
Do my XFINITY parental controls also work on my XFINITY purchases?
Yes. On XFINITY set-top boxes, you can set up a parental control pin to limit access based on TV show and movie ratings or block the ability to purchase altogether. Learn how to set a set-top box parental control pin here: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/control-what-your-child-watches.
On the XFINITY website and mobile app, you can also set parental controls. Learn more at http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/set-online-parental-controls/.
If you have XFINITY TV online parental controls set, titles that are above your parental control setting may not appear in your purchases menu on the XFINITY TV website or in the X1 app. For example, if you set the ratings to PG13, than R titles may not appear in your purchases on the website or in the mobile app. To allow these blocked titles to appear, you may need to change your XFINITY online parental controls settings. After you have modified your parental controls settings, you will need to Sign Out of the XFINITY TV website and then Sign In to enable the new settings.
Why does my purchased content say I have less than 72 hours of my rental remaining?
When you watch a piece of content you purchased, that content will appear in the Recently Viewed folder for 72 hours. The counter on the screen indicates how long the title will remain in Recently Viewed. Your title will remain in your Purchases folder after the counter expires. You will always be able to access it from the Purchases folder.
If I am currently an XFINITY TV customer and move, but keep XFINITY TV service at my new address, can I continue to access my purchases?
XFINITY TV customers who move but keep XFINITY TV service at their new address can continue to access their purchases on their XFINITY set-top box through XFINITY On Demand and their favorite devices. If you have completed the move/transfer process (online or by speaking to a Move Specialist), the movies that you have purchased via XFINITY may automatically be transferred to your new address.
What happens to my purchases if I disconnect XFINITY service?
Viewing purchased titles on your TV requires a subscription to XFINITY TV service with access to XFINITY On Demand. If you disconnect all of your XFINITY services, you can continue to watch purchased titles using the XFINITY TV portal (xfinity.com/watch) and mobile app.
You will need your primary XFINITY username and password to access your purchases online or to add a mobile device (secondary XFINITY usernames will no longer work).
- If you previously enabled Parental Controls, you will need to set them up again after you log in the first time after your disconnection.
- If you have forgotten your primary XFINITY username, you can look it up by entering your Comcast account number and street address or phone number or by using the last four digits of your Social Security Number at https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password by entering your primary XFINITY username and following the steps provided at this link: https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/reset.
How long does it take for a movie I purchased on my TV to appear in the XFINITY TV website and in the X1 app and vice versa?
It may take up to 30 minutes for a title to appear across your devices where you did not make the purchase, but most purchases should appear much quicker.
Why is a title I purchased on my set-top box not appearing in the Purchases section of my XFINITY TV portal or mobile app?
There may be a few reasons a title you purchased on the set-top box is not appearing on other devices:
- Parental Controls: If you have online parental controls set, titles that you purchased on the set-top box may not appear on other devices if they are below the control threshold. For instructions on changing your online Parental Controls, see Online Parental Controls and PINs.
- Sync-time: It may take up to 30 minutes for a title to appear on devices other than the one you made the purchase with.
Where can I watch HD titles?
- If you purchase HD titles, you may have the ability to stream either the HD version or the SD version using an XFINITY HD set-top box connected to an HD TV. You may see both the HD version as well as the SD version of titles that you purchased in HD in your Purchases menu.
- If you buy an HD movie before the SD version is available, you may receive the SD version once it becomes available to customers.
- You can also stream or download HD titles on HDCP-compliant computers and mobile devices.
Why can’t I access my XFINITY On Demand “rentals” on multiple devices?
Currently, only purchased titles are supported on multiple compatible devices. Rentals are not yet supported.
Why does the same purchase appear twice in my Purchases menu?
When you buy the HD version of a title, you also receive the SD version so you can play the title on your devices, whether they support HD or not.
How many streams and downloads of XFINITY purchased content can I access?
Up to three different devices (such as computers, smartphones or tablets) can be streaming your purchased titles or can download purchased movies and TV shows at any given time. A maximum of three devices can be registered to your account at once.
What do I do if my mobile device or computer is lost or stolen?
You can contact us and let the representative know that your device should no longer be linked to your account. They can help you remove it from the account.
Can I unregister my computer or mobile device from the XFINITY Store?
Yes, in the settings section of both the X1 app and in the XFINITY On Demand Player on your computer.
How am I billed for the movies and TV shows that I purchase from XFINITY?
Purchases made through the XFINITY On Demand menu on your TV will show up on your XFINITY bill.
Who do I contact for help with an online billing question related to an online purchase from XFINITY On Demand?
For any issues related to credit card purchases from the online store, or issues related to the XFINITY TV app, please contact us.
Who do I contact for help with online or mobile technical issues or playback issues?
For any technical issues related to your set-top box, online or mobile applications, please contact us at 1-800-XFINITY or your preferred contact method.
Who do I contact for help with a billing question related to a purchase made on TV through XFINITY On Demand?
For any issues related to purchases made from the TV/set-top box, contact us at 1-800-XFINITY or your preferred contact method.
Who do I contact for help with TV technical or playback issues related to purchased titles?
For any technical issues related to the set-top box, please contact us.
I have disconnected from Comcast service and have forgotten my Comcast primary user ID, how do I retrieve it so that I can continue to access my purchased titles?
If you have forgotten your Primary Comcast ID, you can learn your primary ID and password here by entering your Comcast account number and street address or phone number or by using the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number, date of birth and phone number at this link: https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/lookup.
I have disconnected from Comcast service and have forgotten my Comcast primary ID password, how do I reset it so that I can continue to access my purchased titles?
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password here by entering your Primary Comcast ID and following the steps provided at this link: https://login.comcast.net/myaccount/reset?execution=e2s1
I have disconnected from Comcast service, who do I need to contact for help with online or mobile technical or playback issues?
For any issues related to playback or download on the XFINITY TV portal or app, please contact us.