Highest-Paid Col...According to a recent study by USA Today 32 Division I college basketball coaches earn seven figures annually. These 10 lead the pack. Salary figures don't include potential bonuses for national titles and other incentives.
Sources: USA Today, ESPN, various published reports.
10. Ben HowlandUCLA $2 million Career record: 355-179 (.665) NCAA Tournament appearances: 8 Titles: None Howland took UCLA to three straight Final Fours from 2006 to 2008. Imagine if current NBA star Kevin Love hadn't bolted after his freshman year.
(Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)
9. Roy WilliamsNorth Carolina $2 million Career record: 634-161 (.797) NCAA Tournament appearances: 20 Titles: 2 Coaching at two of the nation's premier programs, Kansas and North Carolina, Williams has reached seven Final Fours and won a pair of titles at Carolina.
(Peyton Williams/UNC/Getty Images)
8. Rick BarnesTexas $2.2 million Career record: 518-252 (.673) NCAA Tournament appearances: 18 Titles: None Barnes has coached consistent tournament teams at Providence, Clemson and Texas, but he's reached only one Final Four.
(AP Photo/Sue Ogrocki)
7. Mike Krzyzews...Duke $2.2 million Career record: 894-282 (.760) NCAA Tournament appearances: 26 Titles: 4 Bonuses have pushed Krzyzewski's income past $4 million in some seasons. He's rejected various overtures from the NBA to remain at Duke, where he's won four national titles and landed as the runner-up another four times. He's closing in on mentor Bob Knight's 904 career wins.
6. Rick PitinoLouisville $2.25 million Career record: 594-216 (.733) NCAA Tournament appearances: 13 Titles: 1 The veteran coach who got his start as a graduate assistant at the University of Hawaii has won more than 70% of his NCAA tournament games while taking three schools to the Final Four. But only his 1996 Kentucky team won it all.
(AP Photo/Al Behrman)
5. Thad MattaOhio State $2.5 million Career record: 285-87 (.766) NCAA Tournament appearances: 8 Titles: None Matta has taken three schools (Butler, Xavier, Ohio State) to the NCAA tournament, narrowly missing a national title with the Buckeyes in 2007.
(AP Photo/Darron Cummings)
4. Bill SelfUniversity of Kansas $3 million Career record: 436-150 (.744) NCAA Tournament appearances: 12 Titles: 1 Self has won at least a share of the Big 12 title in six of his seven seasons at Kansas, where he jumped to following a pair of Big 10 crowns at Illinois.
(AP Photo/Reed Hoffmann)
3. Billy DonovanUniversity of Florida $3.3 million Career record: 388-165 (.702) NCAA Tournament appearances: 10 Titles: 2 Donovan almost split for the NBA's Orlando Magic in 2007, but a last-minute change of heart kept him with the Gators, where he's the winningest coach in the school's history.
(Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
2. Tom IzzoMichigan State $3.4 million Career record: 374-151 (.712) NCAA Tournament appearances: 13 Titles: 1 Got a nice raise after flirting with the potential purgatory of the Cleveland Cavaliers last summer. Izzo has led the Spartans to the NCAA tournament in each of his 13 seasons, including six Final Fours.
(Joe Robbins/Getty Images)
1. John CalipariUniversity of Kentucky $4 million Career record: 500-151 (.768) NCAA Tournament appearances: 11 Titles: 0 In 2009 Kentucky shelled out what they needed to pluck Calipari from Memphis, where he'd led the Tigers to four straight trips to the Sweet 16.